Zeroll Gelato Spade
There is something that just works better about a gelato spade than an ice cream scoop. Is it the solid feel in your hands? Is it the European influence? Is it that you can get a great-big-hunking scoop of goodness without going back for seconds and so no one knows how greedy you really are?
I know it’s just a little thing but listen, there is only one thing an ice cream scoop is good for: Measuring out cookie dough. So stick it in your cookie baking drawer and make the gelato spade your new thing.
And, if you’re nice, I’ll share a recipe for homemade magic shell with you.
- 7 ounces (200g) good dark chocolate
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup (30 to 60ml) of coconut oil (more oil makes the magic shell thinner but it also makes it keep without hardening so you don't have to microwave it to use it again)
- Chop up your chocolate and add it to a glass bowl. Add coconut oil.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour into a squeezie bottle with a big opening. Pour generously over ice cream - let it sit for 30 seconds before serving to allow it to harden.
- You can keep this out on your counter for a week or more and eat at will.
- Be aware that knowing how to make this bestows INSTANT hero status on you. Don't believe me? Make it and see....