Iconic protein drink
I get it, this is weird. Why in the world would I have a protein drink as a “Favorite Thing” on a food site? Even the best are awful, right? I’m supposed to be telling you to blend up fresh kale and some silken tofu with a squeeze of Manuka honey to get your delicious protein fix (not a bad idea, btw).
But here’s the truth: When you are pregnant you are supposed to have some incredible amount of protein each day. Like 70 grams. Nearly impossible unless you are a mother lion standing over a herd of legless wildebeests. Failing that here are some guidelines to getting your protein:
- 8 ounce container low-fat yogurt: 9 to 12 g
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese: 11 g
- 1 ounce Swiss cheese: 8 g
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese: 7 g
- 1 large fresh egg: 6 g
- 1 cup canned black beans: 15 g
- 1 cup canned kidney beans: 13 g
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter: 8 g
- 1 cup light plain soymilk: 6 g
- 1/2 roasted chicken breast (no skin): 27 g
- 3 ounces sockeye salmon: 23 g
- 3 ounces trout: 23 g
- 3 ounce lean beef hamburger patty, broiled: 21g
So, as you can see, getting 70 grams of protein in is just plain hard! Protein drinks and bars are helpful but are also really sugary and usually full of nasty stuff. Enter ICONIC. Tasty. Not too sugary. No weird gloop at the end of the drink. These are the best you are going to do!
They are but newborns in the world of protein drinks so if you live anywhere besides the CBD in New Orleans you have to order them. Fortunately Amazon carries them.
Give them a shot.
NOT AVAILABLE IN THE UK